Thank you to all who helped to make our Fall Conference, Therapy for School Aged Children and Adolescents Who Stutter, a sold-out success.
The SHAHV Executive Council is issuing a Call for Nominations from the General SHAHV Membership for the following executive council positions starting in January, 2016: President, Recording Secretary, Webmaster and CE Administrator.
All candidates shall be members in good standing with a minimum membership of one year prior to nomination. All members nominating themselves should do so prior to November 15th, 2015. All members nominating themselves shall contact the Nominating Committee Chairperson, Andrea Abramovich at email@example.com in writing prior to November 15th. The Nominating Committee shall present the slate of officers including bios for the forthcoming year to members by December 5th with voting to take place via an electronic survey December 10-15. Any additions or changes to this slate shall be accepted in writing prior to the vote and will be taken by a plurality of members prior to January 1st, 2016. Officers shall assume their duties January 1st, 2016. The term of office shall be two years.
A complete description of Executive Council duties and responsibilities can be found below:
Article IV: Officers
The officers of this Association shall be President, Past President, Vice President, Membership Secretary, Recording Secretary and Treasurer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Association. It shall be the duty of the President to preside at all general meetings of the Association and of the Executive Council; to appoint at the direction of the Executive Council all Chairpersons of committees; act as co-chairperson of the Nominating committee; to serve as an ex-officio member of all committees; and to ensure the participation of the Association in any state or regional organizations pertinent to the interests of the Association, the profession or the communicatively impaired.
2. The Past President shall assume the responsibilities of the Association if the President and the Vice President are unable to perform the duties of the president. The Past President shall also serve as the chairperson of the Legislative committee.
3. The Vice President shall be the Second Executive Officer of the Association and shall assume the duties of the President in case of absence or incapacity. The Vice President shall be the Chairperson of the Program Committee and be responsible for all matters relating to workshops and programs.
4. The Membership Secretary shall be responsible for reporting on all incoming correspondence and the disposition thereof under the direction of the Executive Council. He/she is also responsible for the distribution of notices, letters, and other necessary correspondence as instructed by the members of the Executive Council. The Membership Secretary will serve as chairperson of the Membmembership cards, membership renewal notices, and other Association e-mails/mailings.
5. The Recording Secretary shall be responsible for recording the minutes for each meeting and making these minutes available to the Executive Council and membership through the newsletter, e-mail/mail or website. The Recording Secretary will also serve as the chairperson of the May is Better Hearing & Speech Month Committee and will assist the Membership Secretary with membership duties as needed.
6. The Treasurer shall make a report at each Executive Council meeting. He/she shall also provide a written financial report itemizing actual expenses at the end of each fiscal year and shall participate in an annual audit. He/she shall provide quarterly reports to the President of the Association and create an annual budget in December for the forthcoming year. He/she will also be responsible for organizing fundraisers when necessary. The Treasurer will serve as chair of the Public Information Committee.
7. The Newsletter Editor shall be responsible for preparation and distribution of an Association newsletter including information related to the profession and Association business.
8. The CE Administrator shall work collaboratively with the Program Committee to plan and implement CE programs according to ASHA CEB requirements, submit all required paperwork to the ASHA CEB, report the status of submissions, approvals and CEB requirement changes to the Executive Counsel, and maintain all records according to ASHA requirements.
9. The Website Administrator shall be responsible for updating and maintainingthe website. Other duties shall include, but are not limited to, publicizing upcoming SHAHV events, by publishing current conference brochures online, and ensuring that attendees have easy online payment options.
SHAHV members are invited to attend all board meetings. Our next meeting is 6:00, Monday, November 23, Room HUM 20, on the SUNY New Paltz campus.